Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bjork vs Lady Gaga?

So, I recently saw Gaga's Alejandro video. I can't stand her anymore! I'm sorry if I'm offending some of you but I just don't like Lady Gaga anymore. That same day Shaurie introduced me to Bjork. I'm sure most of you know who she is. Well let me tell you a little of both singers and let me know who you prefer.
**************************
Bjork
Bjork is an Icelandic singer. She is best known for her expressive vocals, broad soprano vocal range, and a diverse and eclectic music style including: pop, alternative rock, jazz, ambient, avant-garde, electronic, classical, folk, and trip-hop. As well as her unique costumes and music videos. She has been nominated for 13 Grammy Awards, and Academy Award, and two Golden Globe Awards. She was ranked #36 on VH1's "The 100 Greatest Women in Rock & Roll", #8 on MTV's "22 Greatest Voices in Music", and Metacritic listed her as the 10th best reviewed "Indie/Alternative Artist" of the 2009 decade. Bjork may be 44 yrs. old but she is one free of spirit. Her music is inspirational and her style is so very artsy. Her music videos are the strangest I've ever seen but in the same light that's what makes them beautiful. Bjork is one different from all the rest, but in a good way. Bjork is not afraid to be herself. She admitted to Diva magazine in October 2004 of her sexuality. She stated that she was Bisexual but to one degree or another everyone's bisexual. It's whether they choose to accept it or not. The second I found out about Bjork I was a bit terrified by her. I've never seen someone like her before but sooner or later I decided that that was what I liked about her. She's not like all of those other singers out there and she's not afraid to introduce a new style. She's one artistic person and she's not afraid to take a dare.
****** 
**************************
Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga is an American recording artist. In August 2008, her debut album, The Fame, reached number one in the UK, Canada, Austria, Germany and Ireland, and reached the top-ten in numerous countries worldwide. In the United States it was at two on the Billboard200 chart and topped Billboard's Dance/Electronic Album's chart. Lady Gaga is inspired by glam rock artists such as David Bowie, Queen, Madonna, and Michael Jackson. As of May 2010, Gaga has sold over 15 million albums and over 40 million singles worldwide. Forbes listed Gaga fourth on its list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential celebrities in the world. Lady Gaga is also a very artistic person. Many people look up to her because she's not afraid to be different either. Many people like Lady Gaga for her courage. She also has admitted that she's Bisexual. Have you seen her costumes? They are very unique and VERY weird. But I guess that's Lady Gaga for you, huh?
 

Above is her video for Poker Face. 
************************************
So, what do you guys think? Do you prefer going goo-goo for Gaga or do you prefer Bjork? Honestly I prefer Bjork. I used to really like Lady Gaga. But then she started doing weird things. It was just too much for me...Well, let me know what you guys think!
Much love, Belle Elisse
P.S.- I am so sorry but the video for Lady Gaga isn't working! Sorry guys! :( 

2 comments:

  1. There is always some debate over this bjork wins the debate at the end lady gaga is a show off have u seen her alejandro vid it was too much. ;)Bjork is a true artist period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I agree with you completely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments loves! Follow me! I don't bite :)